Wednesday, July 16, 2008

And time goes by....

I can tell you without a doubt that when I started this whole blogging thing I had every intention of keeping up with posting better than I have. However, there are two issues. One is just plain old time, it seems as if the only time I have to sit down uninterrupted to type out a clear concise thought is at work. And the second thing is I have this grand notion of making the blog more appealing. Such as adding pictures.. etc. My problem is that I am just not that computer savvy. But, I have finally come to the realization that if I do not write my down my life experiences with the boys I am sure to forget them and they will be lost forever. Having said all that...I am going to do my best to be more diligent about posting.

This post may get lengthy so feel free to zone out if I start rambling. I don't really even know where to start.

As I previously mentioned we are expecting a new addition to our family in October and are thrilled to be having a girl. It has been comical this time around having Jack and Sam to share in this experience. When I was pregnant with Sam, Jack was just a baby himself without a clue of how his life would change. Jack however is very aware that he is having a baby sister and is full of questions and comments.

He is very anxious to be able to feed his sister and had requested that "they" do not put milk in my boobs.
He wanted to know what the baby was wearing in my belly and was truly concerned that she is cold being in there with no clothes on. He apparantly thinks she is swimming around in milk inside of me.
We have also been telling them that she will be here at Halloween time...in order to give them something to gage the time. Jack is very concerned that she will need a costume and has made several suggestions, but overall just happy that he himself will get some candy.

Sam on the other hand is a little less aware of how his life will change. He forgets from day to day and has to ask me "are we having a girl baby or a boy baby?"

As far as the name goes, we have pretty much decided on Lucy. Jack was really pulling for Cinderella, but likes the name Lucy as well.

One of the more exciting things we attempted this summer was to enroll Jack in T-ball or as they call it in Hardin County Wiener Ball. Yes, you read it right folks. So, the first few practices were very cold and windy and really put a bad taste in his mouth. So when it comes time for the real games, he is just not interested. And when I say not interested, I mean we had to leave the ballpark on a couple of occasions because he just refused to play. There were a few games that he stuck it out, I believe just for the snacks. Turns out he really likes to bat, but that is about it. As far as playing the field, he's just not that into it. Sam on the other hand is ready to play now, and can't wait until next year. He especially likes to frequent the ball field and has eaten his share of hotdogs, no matter what time of day the game is. He will tell you upon arrival that he "needs" a hotdog.

I can't believe that in about a month both of the boys will be in school. Jack will begin his second year of pre-school and Sam is going for the first time.

One of the major things we accomplished this summer was potty training. I really only had to tell Sam that if he wanted to go to school he had to use the potty. He was so much easier to train than Jack. However, we do not go anywhere without him using the bathroom. Usually it's not just to pee...and that boy has already learned the fine art of taking a long time to do his business. I suspect when he gets older he will be able to get lots of reading done while on the toilet. One of the funnier stories that happened was at my dad's company picnic. Of course Sam had to go, and the nearest bathroom in sight just happened to be a port-a-potty. I just could not bring myself to take him so good old Papaw took him. And then 10 minutes go by and then 15...I was beginning to wonder if he had fallen in. Finally, they emerged and Sam was crying...it seems as if he was looking down very interested in what was going on and the water splashed up into his eye. Feel free to take a moment to try not to get sick. However, we were able to just wash his eye out with water and he was all better.

Speaking of Sam, I do have to mention that he is the oldest 2 year old you will ever meet. I have to remind myself from time to time when I get fustrated or angry with him that he is only 2. He is so much more independent than Jack was at that age. He can fully dress himself from underwear to shoes, brush his only teeth, and do many more things I am truly amazed at. One of the things with Sam as his independence is the need to have certain things a particular way. For the most part, he is pretty easy going.

I think I have rambled on long enough...will write more as things come up.

1 comment:

Lydia K. Keys-Yarbrough said...

Yay, Mandy! I was wondering when you were going to update the blog! I have your blog saved in my favorites and I usually check every 2 weeks or so for updates.

I clapped when I read that you're having a girl! I'm so excited for you guys!! I also want two boys and a little girl. You all are going to have the most perfect little family.

I love all your stories--Jack and Sam sound so neat and they have such big personalities. Post some pictures if you have time--I would love to see how much the boys have grown!

Lydia